Among the many news that are emerging stands out the announcement made by Ediciones Sombra declaring all contents of their website to be under CC-BY-SA license. I also interested to know that a project that was believed dead and buried is still ongoing, it's Warriors of the Red Planet, an Old School game based in Edgar Rice Burroughs works that right now is under revision. Also Redención, third part of La orden del Libro trilogy for Aventuras en La Marca del Este is already on sale in Spain along with the reissue of the first and second part and pictures of the book of the Red Box in its American edition had been seen thanks to Tenkar's Tavern blog; a new OSR movement related news portal is born: OSR Today. To finish this section here there is an interview (in catalan language) by the newspaper El Punt Avui with Maqui Edicions.
ROLENQUART in Spain had opened the registration period for its 2014 edition, Tierra de Nadie will be held in August 7th to 11th and Ludo Ergo Sum in September 19th, 20th and 21th.
To end this section I only have to remind you the program that Associació de Jugadors i Jugadores de Rol de Reus (AJJRR) (Spain) had arranged for Cicle de Cinema Fantàstic i de Ciencia Ficció 2014 during all July and August Mondays at 22:00 at Casa Rull - IMAC gardens (C/ Sant Joan 27, Reus):
- Monday July 7th: Pacific Rim (2013)
- Monday July 14th: Kick Ass 2 - con un par (2013)
- Monday July 21th: Frozen: el reino del hielo (2013)
- Monday July 28th: Planeta Prohibido (1956)
- Monday August 4th: Guerra Mundial Z (2013)
- Monday August 11th: Elysium (2013)
- Monday August 18th: El Juego de Ender (2013)
- Monday August 25th: Gremlins (1984)
In the patronage sector are also ocurrying really interesting things, like the birth of the Giochistarter platform, created specifically for financing games.
There are also noteworthy patronages like RPG dice for the visually impaired to make braïlle-numbered dice, A Critical Hit against Leukemia! to help Siberius Corniuk in his treatment for leukemia, Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit to get deployable scenarios and Spinward Traveller (T.V. Pilot) for creating a web series of the Traveller roleplaying game.
In technology-related news (also belonging to this sction) you my be interested to know that Tesla Motors has released its patents under the Open Source philosophy (you may read this news story in their blog and in energy.us).
You may also be interested to meet Eugen Sänger, the other German scientist specialized in rocket design in the 1940s.
Do you know thatCount of Montecristo was inspired by life events of Déodat de Dolomieu, a renowned scientist of the eighteenth century with an interesting life?
And to finish this section let me introduce the free images of the collections of Te Papa Tongarewa Museum of New Zealand .
The online magazine Desde el Sótano reaches 121th edition with the following articles (Note: The magazine is writen in Spanish):
- Editorial: a word from the maker.
- Credits: Those who are behind this (and make it possible).
- Basement Answers: Questions from the fans and the best of our responses.
- The Voice: Conferences, meetings and events for the coming days and months.
- Basement exterior: Section with interesting news from the outside world.
- General: Subspace Jump, in subspace. We follow this series of aticles describing subspace voyages in Exo universe.
- Kaukirinas: Wheat Men. A new legend for the savage setting of Pangea.
- Scenarios: Mining station nexux-0. Description of a mining station useful for Exo referees for this issue gaming session and for anyone wishing to use an installation of this type.
- Caravans: tikki (VII). We continue describing how are the several commercial caravans according to different races of Pangea.
- Characters: Svetlana Stenka. the most visisble head of one of the new mafia gangs of the city of Cunia, Russians had landed in Rol Negro.
- Characters: Pregenerated cavalry and staff officer to play with in 1808.
- Fauna: Insect plague, how to face it and how to use this nuisance with your players in Comandos de Guerra.
- Combat: Fatigue in Comandos. How to represent character's physical exhaustion in this game.
- Fauna: Winged Monkeys.One of the wukran creatures i the world of Pangea.
- Navies: Belgian Navy. We continue to see naval forces of the Second World War contendents, for fans of Comandos.
- Medical: Serum S-30. The weird substance for altering NheTi:Narä minds. An aid for the Exo adventure of this issue.
- Medical: Basic Medical Equipment. We continue this series of articles for Exo with the pregenerated basic equipment for each character ocupation.
- Chronology: The Great War, June 1914
- Runes: News of Pangea.
- The Truth: Cunia news of the day. June 2014.
- A.D.E.G. ’70: Maku II of 3470
- Chronology: June 1809.
- Exo: Un caso para Sherlock. Second of the trilogy of adventures settled in the Nexus system.
- Comandos: Conexión Noruega. The traditional adventure settled in D-Day we always publish in this month. This time your commnados will visit Norwegian fjords.
- Rojo y Oro: 1×05 – Requisa. Synopsis of a new chapter in the series of 1808.
- Lobo: 1×05: La señal en el cielo. Synopsis of a new chapter in the series of Pangea
You may also be interested in the following free or PWYW downloads: Adventures in the East Mark - Quick Start Rules by eXtra-Dimensional Publishing, RuneQuest Essentials (downloadable from The Design Mechanism and DriveThruRPG), Las Mil y Una Casas Corbitt by Demonio Sonriente and Roleros Unidos, layout of Walküre, first issue of Aventuras Bizarras, first sample of Fragged Empire (available from its website and from DriveThruRPG) to be published with Modiphius Entertainment, the One Page Dungeon Compendium 2014 (available from its website and from DriveThruRPG), Saints & Sinners (with a military theme) and first two parts of the Mega-Dungeon Castle Triskelion by And Magazine.
Cinema and television
As you may know, it has recently announced the addition of actresses Lupita Nyongo'o (winner of Academy Award by 12 years a slave) and Gwendoline Christie (Game of Thrones) to the cast of Star Wars VII as well as the accident of Harrison Ford on the set.
By the way, you may be interested in studying the various filmic influences George Lucas incorporated to Star Wars, as can be seen from this assembly carried out by website Kitbashed:
This entry it's also available in the following languages: