More info about dates for the sale of Dungeons & Dragons Next:
D&D Starter Set, releasing July 15, 2014, list price $19.95
D&D Player's Handbook, releasing August 19, 2014, list price $49.95
D&D Dungeon Master's Guide, releasing November, 2014, list price $49.95
For more info about it you may read forums of EN World:
Preparations for the Spanish roleplaying game Walhalla go ahead with the announcement of collaboration from the embassies of Sweden and Denmark, the incorporation in the creative team of Guillermo Rabadán (author of the blog Mitos y Leyendas) and Mariano González Campo, expert in ancient northern languages. There's also available as a free download the beta stage of the playing character sheet.
Second issue of Crítico magazine is readily available in digital format through Tesoros de La Marca (EPUB, PDF) and DriveThruRPG (PDF).
Nosolorol has recently released in its Google + account first images by Javier Charro for the Spanish edition of The Dresden Files RPG.
La Associació de Jugadors i Jugadores de Rol de Reus (AJJRR) from Spain organizes the open day Desencasellat 2014 for coming May 23th (17:00 to 23:00) with gaming sessions for beginners and other demos of games of their collection, without needing an advanced registration.
As publisher Holocubierta reports in his website the attempt to reissue the Red and Green Boxes of Aventuras en La Marca del Este in Spain is not having much success as might be expected, even so it have been decided to extend the deadline until next Friday, May 23rd to see if they can reach a minimum number of orders to ensure its viability.
British Library has made available to the public 1200 original of the Romantic and Victorian English literature (and related miscellaneous items) that may be read through this link.
In downloads you may find interesting the Cthulhuian Font created by Stapleton McTavish, freely available to be used in your own designs.
In articles made by fans of the game Aventuras en La Marca del Este many times you will find interesting contributions, like this game aids for money weight adventurers can carry and this variation of the magic system and spells.
The online magazine Desde el Sótano reaches 120th edition with the following articles (Note: The magazine is writen in Spanish):
- Editorial: a word from the maker.
- Credits: Those who are behind this (and make it possible).
- Basement Answers: Questions from the fans and the best of our responses.
- The Voice: Conferences, meetings and events for the coming days and months.
- Basement exterior: Section with interesting news from the outside world.
- Army: Garrochistas of Bailén. This not very known Spanish unit of the 1808 war.
- Systems: System Hgnote (Nexus). Description of a star system related with this month gaming session of Exo.
- Corporations: Nexus Mining Corporation. Description of the mining enterprise of the Exo universe realted to this month gaming session of Exo.
- Kaukirinas: Inbutsu. Stil going deep with Pangea legends.
- Characters: Pregenerated soldier soldado to play with in 1808.
- Generic NPC: Japanese Soldier of 1937 to play with in Comandos de Guerra.
- Fauna: ESP-4017 Species. A new creature for the Exo universe.
- Fauna: Spider Fish. A danger in Cunia beaches (Rol negro).
- Weapons: Nock Rifle. A weapon that seems incredible that had invented in 1808.
- Ships: Freighter “La Sonriente”, a ship for the galaxy of Exo.
- Telecommunications: Frequency jammer. Something you should not use, but it is not an offense to possess in Cunia (Rol Negro)
- Ships: Mass Freighter Atuma. An other ship for the Exo universe.
- Chronology: The Great War, My 1914
- Runes: News of Pangea.
- The Truth: Cunia news of the day. May 2014.
- A.D.E.G. ’70: Selaku II of 3470
- Chronology: May 1809.
- 1808: Más dentelladas da el hambre. 1811, characters are in a desperate situation and hardship seemingly endless...
- Exo: Buscando la Aguja en el Pajar. First in a trilogy of adventures settled in the Nexus system.
- Ojos de Clara: 1×06 – Cargas familiares (I). Synopsis of a new chapter in the series of Rol Negro.
- Lobo: 1×04 – Juicio en Torrebravo.
The printed version of the Spanish webcomic El Sistema D13, published by Holocubierta is already available. In Laboratorio friki you may read an interview in Spanish with its creator, Joan Tretze.
Cinema and television
Last May 12th Swiss artist Hans Ruedi Giger, famous for creating the Alien creature, passed away.
To read his family's informative note please check his website.
This entry it's also available in the following languages: